For most homeowners, remodeling can seem like an overwhelming endeavor, especially in Aspen where we have to navigate complicated and strict building codes. However, whether it’s a single room or your entire house, most home remodeling projects require similar steps. If you know what to expect, this process does not need to feel daunting. That’s why we’re giving you a sneak peak into one of our home remodeling projects currently under construction in Aspen.
In a previous post, we shared demolition photos a duplex on Hyman Avenue that we’re in the process of remodeling for a client. Now that the demolition phase is complete, our contractor is working on rough in of electrical and plumbing, installing windows and in-floor heat. Here are some current photos of the space in progress.
Below is the typical home remodeling process you can expect when working with Anne Grice Interiors. The overall timeline is dependent on the scope of the project and materials selected. We provide an estimate for how long the construction of your project will take when we review our proposal with you.
Home Remodeling Process
- Conduct an Initial In-Home Meeting
- Photograph Existing Spaces
- Create a Detailed Scope of Work
- Determine a Schedule
- Outline a Realistic Budget
- Sign a Letter of Agreement
- Draft Existing Floor Plans
- Space Planning and Design of New Floor Plans
- Select Finishes, Appliances, Cabinetry, Plumbing, Bath Accessories, Door Hardware, Lighting and Trim
- Order Samples
- Create Concept Boards and Present to Client
- Prepare Construction Documents (Plans, Elevations and Architectural Details)
- Create 3D Renderings of Key Spaces
- Select Materials, Finishes, Equipment and Fixtures
- Finalize Furniture, Art and Accessories
- Get Estimates from Contractor
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Rough In Work
- Sheetrock Installation
- Cabinetry Installation
- Painting and Finishes
- Punch List
- Final Inspections
- Installation of Furnishings, Art and Accessories
- Enjoy your new space!
We know you are busy! That’s why Anne Grice Interiors oversees every step of the home remodeling process – from the initial meeting and drafting up plans, to pulling permits and administering each phase of construction. We take care of every detail to ensure that you have an easy and enjoyable experience.
This duplex remodel on Hyman Avenue isn’t the first project that we’ve completed for this client. In fact, they were so happy with the kitchen and bath we designed for them in their previous home that they chose to hire Anne Grice Interiors again. After all, we are the Aspen home remodeling experts!
We look forward to sharing more “in progress” photos with you as this remodel progresses. Stay tuned!